Thursday, October 6, 2011

October Picks

October is one of my favorite months of the year. Walking through campus, seeing the changes in the leaves, apple orchards and pumpkins. What's not to like? October is also one of my favorite months to dress for because there's enough of a chill in the air to wear layers, yet the sun still likes to poke it's head out on a regular basis. Below are some of the things I've been gravitating towards as I wake up and get ready for these beautiful fall days!


1: Pashmina Scarves: I wish I owned one in every color possible so that I could wear one every day. And when you know how to tie them in 9 different ways (see yesterday's post if you need some scarf inspiration) how can you not want to wear one everyday? I love them for long days on campus because they keep me prepared during these days of bipolar weather!
2: Maybelline Color Sensation Lip Stain in Cranberry: Since I'm not much of a lipstick-every-day kind of girl I love the natural berry color that this gives to my lips. It's one of the easiest ways to make you look pulled together when you're in a rush. Just don't forget to add a thin layer of your favorite chapstick on top so that your lips don't feel dry!
3: Black Flats: I have been loving a pair of Franco Sarto Black Flats with flowers on the toes for at least 2 days out of the week. I couldn't find a picture of them, so I'm going to say that one of my favorites is just black flats with a toe embellishment. Anything like a bow or flower really adds an extra touch of girliness to a normally plain looking shoe.
4: Lincoln Park after Dark by OPI: One of my favorite nail polishes for fall. It looks darker on your nails than the swatch here, but it's the perfect dark shiny color if you don't like the severity of completely black nails.
5: Benefit's Eye Bright: I'm a full time college student with an almost full time job. This only means one thing. I sleep on average 4 hours a night. Enter my savior Eye Bright. A quick dab of this in either pencil or pan form (yes, these tired eyes own both ) and I can trick anyone into thinking that I've gotten my 8 hours of shuteye....shhh! Don't tell :)
6: Skinny Waist Belts: If you've followed our blog for awhile or know me personally, you probably know most of my fashion revolves around emphasizing my waist because I think it's my best feature. In a season of loose sweaters and lots of layers, skinny belts are perfect for making sure your waist doesn't get lost among a sea of fabric.
7: Bronze Eyeshadow: Browns, bronzes, golds, etc. You get the picture. If it's dark and neutral it's probably on my eyes. I try to stick to cooler tones because of my olive complexion but use what works for you. A brown, bronzey eye can add a lot of warmth to your overall look.
8: Loose Flowy Cardigans: Bet you didn't see this one coming! Sorry I'm so predictable. I just can't resist the comfort and effortless style of a wrap, flowy, or loose cardigan. My goal of fashion is finding outfits that compliment the shape of my body that require the least amount of effort to look pulled together. Let's just say that one of these cardigans and a skinny belt are a marriage that I see lasting forever, especially in my closet.


--Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LALAland © 2011. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO