Wednesday, October 12, 2011

How to: Fishtail Braid

Recently, I've been wearing my hair in a fishtail braid on mornings I'm in a hurry, just to mix things up from my usual braid. Since I always get people asking how I do it I figured I'd upload a little picture tutorial so that you can all enjoy a fishtail braid as much as I do!
Click to enlarge :)
1. Separate the hair into two strands
2. Holding both strands in one hand, take a small piece from the outside of the right strand.
3. Cross the smaller strand over the rest of the right strand.
4 & 5. Add it to the left strand.
6. Holding both strands with one hand, opposite of before, take a small piece from the outside of the left strand.
7. Cross the smaller strand over the rest of the left strand.
8. Add it to the right strand.
9. Repeat the 2nd step with a new smaller strand from the outside of the right strand.
10. Keep repeating these steps until you reach the end of your hair and tie with an elastic!

It's really as easy as that. Depending on what look I'm going for I either keep it sleek and tight, or mess it up a little bit and pull out some pieces for a relaxed look.

-Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LALAland © 2011. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO