Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Yum Yum!

I wasn't planning on posting today but then I was eating my lunch and figured others out there might be interested in it. I've recently become vegetarian so for my lunches I've been making a lot of tomato sandwiches. I thought I'd include how I make it since I know many of you are interested in eating healthy. Let me preface the recipe though by saying that I am in no way a dietitian or health expert. I simply love eating healthy because I can honestly see a difference in the way I feel.

Tomato Sandwich
1-sliced tomato
1-slice of reduced fat Provolone Cheese
lettuce
100-calorie whole wheat sandwich thin (I like the Arnold brand)
A squeeze of light mayo
A sprinkle of oregano

I personally love the taste of tomatoes so I don't add much mayo or oregano, but you could easily add some other flavors to this combination to excite your taste buds. Overall the sandwich is only about 212 calories. I used my favorite website Calorie King to calculate the nutritional information. They have thousands of different brands so it's really easy to track what nutrients you're putting into your body. There's also 8.4g of fat (12.9% DV), 11.5g of protein (23% DV), and 27.8g of carbohydrates (9.3% DV). (The percent daily values are based off a 2,000 calorie diet.) I normally also have a nutri-grain bar or a yogurt with my sandwich to complete my meal.

I hope you try this yummy lunch and if you do please let me know what you think of it! What do you like to eat for lunch that's healthy?

-Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment

LALAland © 2011. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO