Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Spring Trends Part 2: Nautical Stripes (plus DIY!)

Nautical styles have been in season for awhile now. I especially love the stripes because they just have a classic feel to them. Below are some various ways to wear nautical stripes this season, just incase you don't already incorporate them into your wardrobe. 
Nautical Stripes

Here's a DIY that I made last summer and never posted. All you need is a plain t shirt (I used an old gray V-neck from Urban Outfitters, some masking tape, acrylic paint in a color of your choice (I used mint green), a foam paint brush, and a piece of cardboard or foam that can fit inside your shirt. This DIY couldn't be easier. First, apply strips of masking tape. I chose to keep the stripes around the middle of the shirt and only on the front.


 Next, place the foam or cardboard inside your shirt so no paint bleeds through. Next, simply use your foam paintbrush to paint in between the tape stripes! Be careful not to add too much paint though, because the more you add, the stiffer the stripes will feel when it's dry. Once you're done painting peel off the paint and you'll have something like the picture below! Make sure you let it dry at least 24 hours before wearing it, although I recommend washing it before you do that to help get rid of some of the stiffness!


I hope you enjoy this DIY! I just wore mine the other day and got so many compliments. I have to say I really enjoy DIYs because not only is it cheaper most of the time, but you get a completely unique item that no one else will have! It feels good to tell someone you made it :) 

How will you being wearing nautical stripes this spring and summer? Also, please let me know if you try the DIY! 
Have a LALAlovely day!

-Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LALAland © 2011. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO