Monday, March 5, 2012

Two Steps to a Longer Lasting Manicure

To say that I have a nail polish obession would be quite an understatement. My nails are generally always painted and I love to experiment with whatever colors are on trend. Since I like to try new shades of polish, I don't like spending a lot of money on it. This leads to today's post. With my two tricks, I can make even cheap nail polish last a full week without having to change it. Do yourself a favor and go out and buy a nail buffer. I bought one from Revlon pretty inexpensively that has six different steps all on one tool. The first three are for filing and shaping your nails and the other three are for buffing them. After cutting your nails and pushing back your cuticles, follow the six steps and you will have gorgeous, shiny nails. For some reason when the nail polish likes to stick better to buffed nails, even though this seems crazy to me. Tip number two would be to use a good base coat on your nail prior to applying polish. This will help the polish adhere better and allow it to stay put longer. While this may make painting your nails take longer, you'll find that your nails don't chip as fast, so you'll apply polish less frequently. I personally love taking a break from my studying every Sunday just to do my nails. It makes Monday a little bit easier to get through when I see a pretty manicure on my fingers. :)

-Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment

LALAland © 2011. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO