Monday, February 13, 2012

The Grammys

Surprise, surprise. I'm here to talk about the Grammys! At first I didn't think I was going to be able to watch them, but after a last minute cancellation of an exam, I happily grabbed my blankets and plopped down on the couch. Overall, I think it was a good show. Any night that involves music and fashion is going to be something I enjoy, but I was definitely impressed by some moments. My favorites being Jennifer Hudson's Whitney Hudson tribute, the ending Paul McCartney collaboration honoring the Beatles, and of course Adele's spectacular performance. I swear, every time I listen to her perform live my brain is stunned and forgets how to work. I'm glad the Grammys honors artists who don't need backup dancers, crazy sets and special effects to deliver an outstanding show. I'm also so happy that Bon Iver snagged the Best New Artist Grammy, even if they've been making me a happier person for years. What did you guys think? Who were your favorite performances? 

The fashion in my opinion however, was pretty mediocre. Some of my favorites were Carrie Underwood (when she performed with Tony Bennett), Adele, Rihanna, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Miranda Lambert. Who were your favorites? I personally wasn't feeling the getups of  Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Fergie, or Julianne Hough. Also, did any one else think there was an abnormal amount of people sporting Bruno Mars hair? 

All in all, I enjoyed the night. Kudos to Adele! You deserved every single one of those bad boys.

-Andrea 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LALAland © 2011. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO