Monday, February 20, 2012

February Favorites

Andrea's February Faves
Click to Enlarge


Here in Michigan we're experiencing the effects of a very confused Mother Nature. Some days we have blizzards and others I can walk outside in a light jacket. All this is doing is making me too excited for spring. It can be very hard to dress for this kind of weather, so my current fashion has been a blend of winter and spring looks. Hopefully some of my tips can help you transition your winter wardrobe into a springone!

1. A good friend of mine gave me an infinity scarf for Christmas and I would not be exaggerating to say that I've worn it at least every other day since. It's a very light blush tone scarf with specks of rose gold glitter knitted it. Props to Emily for picking a scarf that couldn't be more me. I love that it's really chunky and only long enough to wrap around my neck once. It's an easy way to add some warmth in this weird weather.

2. I've been really changing up my makeup recently and going a little darker. My go to look is a bronze smokey eye using Smog by Urban Decay as the main color. The darker look keeps my makeup looking winter appropriate.

3. I can't get enough of these Old Navy The Rock Star jeggings. I have them in gray, black and dark denim, but I can't stop wearing the black ones.

4.The Baby Lips chapstick by Maybelline is another one of my current faves. They smell good and really do make my lips feel baby soft! (That sounds creepy to say...) I never leave the house without it incase some unexpected cold wind tries to make my lips chapped. Look for some beauty tips in the next week involving this and February Fave number 6!

5. Since I've been really busy lately I really have been loving loose tops that double as stylish and comfortable, like the one shown above. When I'm running late in the morning it's nice to be able to throw something on that you know you don't have to fuss with.

6. Shocker! I'm in love with Revlon Lip Butters. I'm obsessed with the deep Raspberry colors. In the past I haven't been someone who wears colored lip products on a regular basis, but I find myself wearing these at least half of the week! They are the perfect amount of moisture and color. Some are more sheer than others so they're great if you aren't big on dark lipstick. I think I'm really going to like the brighter shades as well to brighten up my normally darker winter makeup, in the next coming weeks.

7. I recently purchased a faux leather jacket at Forever 21 that I adore. It was such a great deal and I've already worn it a bunch of times. If you don't own one, I highly recommend looking into getting one. It's especially nice for this time of year to be able to darken up an outfit that has a brighter or more spring-like color.

8. My favorite way to transition my winter wardrobe into spring is to add a fun tank to my winter jacket, cardigans, and jeans. A tank in a bright color or pattern is the perfect way to jazz up a darker outfit. I personally love tribal prints because they remind me of a lot of the fun clothing I wore as a kid.

Overall, I try to keep my outfits darker to still fit the winter mood, but I add a few bright pieces, such as a fun top or a brighter lip color, to give a little bit of a spring touch. What are your favorite items during this tricky weather transition?

-Andrea



No comments:

Post a Comment

LALAland © 2011. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO