Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Lindsey's Green Smoothie and Protein Shake Recipes

Hello loves! To kick off fitness week on LALAland I wanted to share my two favorite healthy and quick meals for on the go and post workout. You really can't go wrong making smoothies just throw whatever fruit you have into a blender with ice and juice. I recently got into the idea of green smoothies. They have tons of health benefits and can be pretty tasty. I don't like many vegetables so green smoothies are a good way for me to sneak veggies into my diet. My typical green smoothies looks a little like this...

Green Smoothie
handful of baby spinach leaves
frozen strawberries
1/2 banana (I like to freeze mine)
a bit of pineapple
squirt of honey
splash of water or juice of choice

Blend it up and enjoy! Depending on the amount of each fruit you use the smoothie may actually have a green color to it but its delicious and you don't even taste the spinach. The recipe is very flexible. Feel free to swap spinach for kale or frozen strawberries for peaches. Play around and find your own personal combination. Green smoothies are healthy, tasty and easy for on the go.

My next recipe is a post workout shake filled with protein and it tastes like ice cream! What could be better?

Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Shake

1 cup of the milk of your choice (I prefer vanilla almond milk)
1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
1/2 frozen banana
1 tablespoon of peanut butter

Blend and enjoy! Sometimes I add ice to make it more frothy but do as you please. Great for after the gym or when you're having a milkshake craving!

Try out these recipes and report back or make up your own recipe to share with other LALAland readers. There are hundreds of recipes online and videos on youtube. Get creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LALAland © 2011. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO