Monday, July 11, 2011

Baking Soda: It's no longer just for your favorite sweet treats.

If you want to have soft and healthy skin, exfoliating is key. It's important to remove the dead skin cells in order to achieve this. However, you don't have to pay for those fancy exfoliators at the store thanks to a tip my mom passed down to me years ago. Just go straight to your kitchen cupboards and grab some baking soda! 


Here are 4 ways baking soda can save the day:
1) Your skin feels clogged and dirty.
Mix the baking soda with enough water to make a paste. It should be able to hold it's shape a little bit. Now use this to scrub your face but be careful! I try to keep it away from my eye area and concentrate it on my forehead, nose, chin, and jawline area. Scrub lightly on your cheeks. My favorite time to do this is in the shower. I simply keep a little container of baking soda tightly closed in with my shower products. I also like to do this before I cleanse my face because my face feels extra soft and clean when I do it in this order. 
2) You got too much sun and are feeling the aftermath (peeling) of a sunburn.
Mix up the same concoction except use a little less water this time. Scrub your body down in the shower and moisturize very well when you get out and you can say bye bye to gross peeling skin!
3) Your lips are chapped.
Mix baking soda into a small bowl with honey and you've made yourself a completely edible and moisturizing lip scrub.
4) You're in a rush in the morning.
If your cleanser doesn't contain an exfoliator, just add the baking soda to it and you've cut your steps in half! 


There are so many benefits to using baking soda in one of the ways above. It's cheaper and chances are you already have it in your house. The best part is that it's gentle on your skin because it can dissolve, unlike those other harsh exfoliators such as ground apricot pits. Yet, it's strong enough to get rid of unwanted dead skin cells. 


Hooray for happy and healthy skin!
-Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment

LALAland © 2011. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO