Wednesday, June 29, 2011

2 Girls, 2 Perspectives: Haircare

    "Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair."  ~Kahlil Gibran

We're back! Sorry for the momentary absence. We could give you an excuse but I'm sure all you want to know is that we are back and ready to bring you the best of LALAland at full force. I (Andrea) found this quote a little bit ago and since we're sharing our routines for taking care of our hair and it's summer time, I thought it was quite fitting to start off this post with it. So let's get right into it.

Andrea's Hair Routine & Tips:
As you probably have already seen, I have very long dark hair. I get asked on a weekly basis how I grew it out to be so long and what I do to make it so healthy so here you go. First off, I'd say I have to thank my mother for passing along great hair genes. She also has great hair that is healthy and grows fast, so while I'm sharing these tips with you, please keep in mind that not everyone's hair is the same or will cooperate like mine so nicely does. 
If you have hair that's long you know how annoying it can be to comb out your tangled hair when you get out of the shower. To make it a little easier I bought a wide toothed comb with a hook on the other end, that I can hang in the shower. After I apply my conditioner I simply comb out any tangles. It's much easier to get them out when your hair is coated in the conditioner, which makes for very easy combing when you are out of the shower! After I'm done combing out my hair I always make sure to use a leave-in conditioner. I prefer the cream ones to the sprays, because I just don't feel like the sprays coat all of the ends of my hair enough. 
Now the last step of my hair routine depends on whether or not I'm going to be applying heat to it. If I choose to blow dry or curl it. I make sure to add a heat tamer spray to my damp or dry hair before doing so. I'd say the main reason my hair has stayed so healthy is because of this extra step. I've really noticed a difference in my hairs moisture and shine by preventing extra damage that the heat normally will do.
As you've probably already heard, drinking plenty of water will not only be beneficial to your hair but to your entire body, so I always recommend doing so. Below is a list of my current products that I use as mentioned above! Happy Hair :)


Leave-in Conditioner: Dove Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Leave-in Smoothing Cream 
Heat Protectant: TRESemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray


Lindsey's Hair Routine & Tips:
I'd like to think I have pretty long and decently healthy hair however it is not as long as Andrea's. My routine is very simple and minimalist. I am obsessed with makeup and other beauty products but hair has never really been my thing, I don't even know how to curl hair! So shameful! Anyways I usually wash my hair every other day and condition everyday. I am not partial to any specific shampoos but I do swear by Aussie Three Minute Mask for everyday conditioner. After I get out of the shower I'll comb out my hair and simply let it air dry. If I know I am going to be straightening it I'll use a pea sized amount of Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum. Thats about it. My hair naturally dries pretty straight with a bit of a wave.
I have never dyed my hair and I cry every time I get my hair cut so its safe to say I have been rockin the long hair don't care look for a while. Occasionally I'll straighten my hair and I try to avoid the blow dryer as much as possible. I do take a vitamin called Biotin to help with hair growth as well as a multi vitamin and Fish Oil pills. You can read the reviews on makeupalley.com for both Biotin and Fish Oil, they are pretty impressive. I definitely notice a difference when I stop taking them. Those are my tips for healthy long hair! What do you do to get luscious locks? 



Leave-in Conditioner: Aussie Three Minute Mask 
Straighten Serum: Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum
Vitamins: Biotin and Fish Oil 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LALAland © 2011. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO