Thursday, June 9, 2011

Love the skin you're in!

Today we're here to share our tips on skin care. Since we have different skin types, we thought it would be useful to show our routines to make our skin it's best, from two different perspectives. 

Andrea:
I have combination skin. My T-Zone (the area across my forehead, down my nose, and my chin) gets oily throughout the day, therefore this is where I see most of my breakouts. For the most part my skin is pretty clear with the occasional zit. Awhile back I changed up some things in my routine and it's keeping my skin very clear. One of the major differences is that I now use makeup wipes to remove all of my makeup before washing my face. This is so important because if you don't, you're simply wiping makeup and bacteria around on your face as your cleansing it. If the makeup's already gone, it's much easier to really clean your skin well. After the wipes, I use a really mild facial cleanser. I've been using Cetaphil since for years now, thanks to my mom and we both swear by it. When it comes to face washes, I honestly believe the simpler the better. You're more likely to react or breakout when there's a million products and scents and stuff in your cleanser. Next, I use a toner on a cotton ball to get a good deep clean. It dries out your pores well and for me, is another huge difference in whether or not I get any acne. Just be careful with it around your eye area. Lastly, I use a moisturizer. Normally, it's the Cetaphil cream for sensitive skin. Can you tell I really like Cetaphil products? Some other tips that I try to always follow are to always wash your face at night NO MATTER WHAT. I know sometimes we're too tired, but seriously, it can make a world of a difference. Also, make sure you change out the towels in your bathroom and your pillowcases really often. This helps cut down on the bacteria that your skin is exposed to, which can only lead to great things!

Lindsey:
My skin care routine is fairly simple however it took me about three years to finally figure out what works for my sensitive skin. In December I switched to using only organic products to wash my face and it made a huge difference. Immediately my skin cleared up and literally began to glow. I use an organic cleanser I bought at the health food store called Dessert Essence Gentle Nourishing Organic Cleanser, after washing my face I use a small amount of organic jojoba oil in place of moisturizer. I also use the jojoba oil as makeup remover prior to washing my face. Jojoba oil is truly a miracle product for me. You can read the reviews for it HERE. That is about it for my routine. I have been doing this for about six month now and I can honestly say I almost never have breakouts or problems with my skin. My younger sister adopted this routine and it worked for her too.
Remember that everyone's skin is different. What works for us might not work for you but its about listening to your body and finding the right combination for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LALAland © 2011. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO